Sunday, September 6, 2015

Fun with modifying models (or making a Frostgrave Warband on a budget)

So, I wanted to make a Frostgrave warband, but I am running a little short on funds for new miniatures at the moment. So, I thought I would try my hand at modifying some of the existing minis I already have. Mind you, other than SUPER SIMPLE modifications, I don't have any experience into this-this is my first foray into the world of model alteration.

First, I decided on a few minis that I didn't mind messing with...scratch that, I scrounged for a few minis I could use for something remotely like what I was looking for in my warband. These are the stock photos of the minis I will be altering and what I want to do with each:

Battleguard Golem from the Bones line of Reaper miniatures. I want to remove his sword and re-position his right arm to look more menacing. 

Friar Stone from the Bones line of Reaper miniatures. His staff has a chunk missing out of it, so I am going to try and fill that in. Then I am going to try and find something to give him and more necromatic look, maybe a skull of some sort.

Harlan Phineas Versh, Illumnated Hunter from the Warmachine line from Privateer Press. I am going to try and use some pieces off an old dwarven crossbow to make him a crossbowman. 

Seth Alkot, Monster Hunter from the Iron Kingdoms line from Privateer Press. Same as with Harlan, I am going to try and use some pieces off an old dwarven crossbow to make him a crossbowman, or a marksman. 

Master Holt from the Warmachine line from Privateer Press. Ok, I am going to try and make a Man-At-Arms out of Master Holt using different arms and some sort of hand weapon and shield. 


Those are the plans at least...

Wish me luck!

Progress update soon!


1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see those! Also, I am fine with Blackpowder being the same as crossbow. Mechanically, it makes sense that the reloading required for the crossbow would work the same for the type of guns these characters are holding. Also, it seems Reaper makes models with guns, but not crossbows, so if I want to have a Crossbowman or Marksman, I would have to convert - not too confident in my conversion abilities!

    ReplyDelete