First of all, if you don't listen to The D6 Generation, you are missing out. Russ and Craig are two of the most entertaining hosts of any podcasts out there. The shows are fun, well-structured and always have interesting topics. Speaking of topics on the show, the most recent one had a long and well-thought-through review of Frostgrave. Check it out:
The D6 Generation Episode 175: Travel Games & Frostgrave Detailed Review
Sunday, October 18, 2015
My party was the same as last time, with one addition, another thug.
The Necromancer's Troupe:
|Necromancer w/ Staff|
Ptolemina, High Priestess of Aridais, the Forbidden City
|Apprentice w/ Staff|
Renyard Strake,ex-Friar and Acolyte of the High Priestess of Aridais, the Forbidden City
Thug Underboss, Big Tom
Thug, Kay Az
Thug, Kaz Ay
Gorman the Wolf
I didn't have any new spells or magic items, due to my rolls last time. But I did advance a level, so I chose to have +1 Fight.
We set up the treasure and did our initial rolls, and the game began.
(As sadly I am writing this a week after the fact, the specifics of the game elude me.)
- My Warhound acquired a name. After rolling two natural 20s and taking out two of my opponent's war band in two consecutive rounds, he is now, "Badaz!"
- Dan's group killed the Genie and found, and recovered the Genie bottle. This gave his wizard an instant 250 xp. Seems excessive to me, but thems the rules.
- I think my opponent and I both were maneuvering better than in the previous games.
- I kept my wizard and apprentice out of harm's way, unlike last game.
- I got a around 300 gold from the encounter.
- Grimoire of Awareness
- Grimoire of Wall
- Dagger +1 Fight
- 1 Level
- My thief was removed from the game, and is out for a game.
- My opponent:
- Some amount of gold (plus the amount for the bottle).
- A magical two handed sword.
- Robes of Arrow Turning
- 3 Levels
- 4 of my opponent's dudes were taken down during the game: 3 were fine, 1 out for a game.
I wish you could sell grimoires. I get the idea behind why you cannot, but it seems silly to me. I now have 3 grimoires that are not spells that I care about and cannot sell. So, useless treasure... ugh...
Well, on to the next game...